Burning and itching of vagina
What is vaginitis?
Vaginitis is inflammation of vagina or irritation of the vulva
How common is vaginitis?
Vaginigis is very common, vaginitis can occur in female of any age.
Symptoms of vaginitis?
- Swelling, itching, and burning in the vagina
- Painful intercourse
- Vaginal discharge
Causes of vaginitis?
- Multiple sex partners, especially without using condoms
- Vaginal products, such as sprays, lubricants.
- Wearing tight innerwear’s
- Yeast infection
- Physical injury
Prevention of vaginitis:
- Use condoms
- Wash vaginal area with mild soap everyday
- Wipe vaginal area from front to back
- Don’t use tight innerwear’s, use cotton innerwear’s
- Avoid multiple sexual partners